Monday, March 31, 2008

I've Been Knitting, Yes Indeedy


Well, the Saucy Knitters Swap is underway. I made the assignments last night and I'm hopeful for few (or no) glitches. It's my first time hostessing a swap so cross your fingers (or don't, just keep knitting - really, I'll be fine).

T-Minus 25 days until the Yarn Harlot. I'm so excited. My pre-order book from Amazon came today. Note to self, request the afternoon of 4/25 off from work. Last year, Chicago Sarah and Mandy (my birthday buds) and I took a field trip. It was so much fun. We went to Oak Brook last year. This year, Mom and I are going to Oak Lawn. Very different directions.

I have been knitting too. Even though I've hibernated the SOTSii, I have been doing (gasp) other projects. One is my mindless public transportation knitting, but I have a feeling I'm going to be frogging it soon. I'm not totally thrilled with it. It is my Sandy Scarf. I don't know why I'm calling it that other than the fact that the colorway (Regia) is beachy colors and makes me really happy.

The other project is the Tomato, which I've now ripped out in the name of OMG my gauge was WAY off. Only Chicago Sarah and Lehu have seen how far along I got before I decided to start over. I think there is a pattern here...knit knit knit rip rip rip knit knit knit. It's all good. I'm okay with it.

Isn't George the cutest little knitting inspector?

10 comments:

  1. Oh, you and your frogs. :) I admire you for it, really, especially since Fantine turned out a little small...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you didn't get too far before having to frog back. I've done whole projects and then decided it just wasn't right and took it ALL out. That usually leaves me not wanting to reknit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're busy knitting and frogging! It is a great pattern! Ella says Woof! Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. George looks like he takes his job VERY seriously. Love the Sandy Scarf colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My copy is on it's way but sadly I don't get to make the 3 hour trip (she's coming to Charlotte) to go see The Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. been following yarn harlots blog and cant wait to get that book, lucky you for getting it already.
    my sotsii has gone the same way although has been frogged completely

    ReplyDelete
  7. George is an adorable knit inspector! Have fun at the Harlot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess I should have pre-ordered also. I've never read any of her books but she definitely seems to be popular. I just added the new one to my Amazon cart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Harlot's visit here. I can't wait to hear what the three of you have to say. Take the camera and get pictures! Don't cats make the best knitting inspectors ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.