Sunday, February 3, 2008

Longing For Spring


I had to give up the Scavenger Hunt Swap which sounded like a lot of fun but came at a really bad time. I decided to join my virtual friends Lisa and Amy (and others) in the Longing for Spring Swap.

Here's my Questionnaire:

Questionnaire

  1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?

    I knit, mostly, but I know how to crochet and like that too. I've been at the knitting for a good 3-5 years "officially" though I learned very young. I've been crocheting since I was 6 or 7. That is more than 30 years OMG.

  1. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers?

    I love 100% merino for lace and other wearables. Very soft. I also really like bamboo and soy and all the non-wool fibers from plant material. Cotton is okay as a "helper" but all alone isn't much fun to knit with. I covet Dream in Color and would love to try some, but have not allowed myself the indulgence. Acrylic has its place but isn't my favorite. Novelty yarns confuse and confound me. I really like to be able to see what I'm knitting.

  2. What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors?

    I like all colors and can find uses for most. I usually wear sage green, pink, some blues, lavendar. But I really like deep jewel tones too.

  3. What ‘warm weather’ project are you looking forward to making this year?

    I'm not sure yet. But, I am making my first lace stole right now and really enjoying the process...no, scratch that, I'm enjoying the result. The process is a little frustrating. But I know I'll do it again. It's nice to have a little sweater in the springtime.

  4. What are you favorite scents? Least favorite?

    Bath and Body Works has some really nice smelling stuff. I love the warm vanilla sugar (I didn't think I would). I like their daffodil and most of the other stuff but not so much the fruity scents. I like White Musk at the Body Shop too. Yankee candle's Clean Cotton is a nice crisp clean scent as well.


  5. What is your favorite flower?

    Lilacs for the scent; peonies for their grandeur; gerbera daisies for their whimsy.

  6. What are you favorite spring time hobbies/activities?

    Gardening, playing with Gracie (my Golden Retriever), knitting (365 days a year!!).

  7. Do you have a garden? If you do, tell us a little about it. Do you like to plant flowers or vegetables?

    I plant lots of things. I have herbs and veggies and flowers all intermingled. I have a city sized lot so I make the best of the small space this way. I always have lavendar (a few plants, actually). I love my daffodils and crocuses and hope to plant some more bulbs next fall (and maybe some spring ones too.

  8. What are your favorite sweets?

    Skittles, M&M Peanut, any chocolate, love caramel and chocolate...

  9. Do you collect anything?

    Yarn, but I'm trying to make things this year rather than buy yarn. Ever since I decided this, I've really learned a lot more about knitting. I love it!

    I also love Kermit the Frog and elephants. The only connection is is my mind...in case you were trying to make one.

    Addi Turbo needles. I have sizes 8 & 1 and now 2 for lace. Does this count as a collection?

  10. Do you have any allergies?

    I am allergic to paba...it's weird, I know.

  11. Do you have any pets?

    Gracie, an almost 6 year old Golden Retriever who can't eat regular treats any more (poor baby) because she has a chronic medical condition; Idgie a 9 year old black and white kitty, Ruthie a long haired 8 year old tabby cat, and Georgie (our boy) a 6 year old kitty with two chronic medical conditions.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you joined us! I love the answers to your quesitons. I have to get my answers up and posted too.

    Are you feeling better yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not weird, I'm allergic to Paba too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.