Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Knitting Goals for 2008

I did begin this goal thing during the New Year's meme...

Here are my 5 Knitting-Specific Goals for 2008

1. To complete Secret of the Stole ii. I am in row 3 of the swatch and - well - it is going slowly. Lace knitting requires a level of concentration that does not allow for television or conversation at this point.

2. To knit from stash. I have a smallish stash, but plenty of lovely fiber to keep me going for the next long while. I will follow the rules set forth by Danielle who is a very sensible, and TALENTED, Knitter. Check out her blog!

3. To finish my UFOs
a. Sonnet Sweater for me
b. Pay it forward giftie for Sarah and for Lisa
c. There are others...

4. To practice Random Acts of Kindness. I've already been doing this (it isn't knitting-specific, but it counts). I will refrain from sharing what I've done lest it become calculated and planned acts of "kindness." Suffice it to say that there was snow involved once and a quarter in a meter another time. It was a lot of fun, giddy laughter. Try it!!

5. To knit more, read blogs less. This one is going to be hard, but I'm going to need to do it to accomplish the other goals set forth.

7 comments:

  1. Heh, I'm with you on the "knit more, read blogs less" resolution. At a certain point each night I make myself turn off and step away from my computer--if I want to accomplish anything knit-wise, then I have to! Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading lots of these lists this past week and I really like yours. It actually seems "doable". Good luck...

    10 days and counting to SOTS II...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last one is hard for me too. Blogging and reading blogs is so fun that i will end up there instead of knitting. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your 'random acts of kindness'! It is fun to be nice -- sometimes!!! :) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey im with you on number 5,
    if i surfed the blogs less id probably have an extra hour [ or more!!] to knit each day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the goals! I giv emyself a set time to "play" on the computer and then off it goes. That gives me time for Wifey and time for knitting. Both very good trade offs!

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that I have some stash-busting company. I like the "knit more, read blogs less" goal. I need that one too! I do read a LOT of blogs, but through Bloglines. It keeps it quicker, but it does mean that I don't comment as much as I can like.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.