Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Knitting before Blogging

This photo is from the Gay Games Opening Ceremonies...last summer. I can't believe it's already been over a year since all of that hoopla! It was such a spur of the moment thing when we went to that ... and we got great seats *likely because we paid a lot for them* because we figured "how many times will the Gay Games be in Chicago?"

I'll tell you, I think it was worth it.

I want to tell you also that I haven't been blogging as much because *gasp* I've been knitting Lehu's vest. OMG, people, I am loving the way it is turning out. There's a little conflict between my old friend gauge and me, but not too bad. We are working it out. For you non-knitters, gauge is the number of stitches per inch, and it is a good idea for it to be similar on the front and back of a garment.

I'm excited today because next week - and the next - I am off from work. I had vaca time to use and others are taking holiday weeks so I had to get the time in. On Saturday, Lehu and I are going to put the doggie in the back of the car and drive to Kalamazoo to see Birdie and her fam. I can't wait to see them again. I know, I KNOW, it has only been two weeks. I can't help myself people. Birdie's Mama is like a sister (without the shared family dynamic) to me, and - well - Birdie. She's a BABY! No, I don't want my own baby. I am very very content being the cool aunt in Chicago -- and my neices are in California for goodness sakes.

Photos of Lehu's vest coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. Knitting the vest! Wow, I can't wait to see pictures. I know how it feels to be able to visti someone else's baby too. I miss my own, but I love to see the ones that I am not responsible for too.

    Post pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm still here! But, yes, very busy with my three jobs and eagerly anticipating our upcoming vacation...A recharge will be exactly what the doctor has ordered! I hope that you're well and I'm looking forward to seeing you on the 28th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.