Friday, May 18, 2007

The Knitter's Trance

Good morning blog town.

I haven't written in a few days. It has been a busy week, and having stress-related stomach problems does not foster the productivity of this CKG (Cynical Knitting Gal). Prilosec, Gas X, Rolaids and lots of water...I'm feeling better. Oh yeah, I also talked to the persons that I was feeling stress from. Go me. But this is not a blog about that, and I will reserve that droll for another conversation.

I have been knitting this week. Not as much as I'd like, in part because I had to frog the lampshade. One of the rows of eyelets turned into bumps that I didn't like. I know what I did wrong, and now I'm even rethinking the lampshade idea. That Rowan Cotton Tape is so nice to work with and would probably make a really cute sweater. So, I think I'm going to order more colors and make a real sweater from it. I'll buy a lampshade and cover it with fabric and a trim and call it a day.

If anyone sees deals on Rowan Cotton Tape, send them my way!

The sock is inching, no centimetering, right along. It is such fun to watch it stripe without having to change yarns. What a thrill! I am also noticing that my stitches are becoming more regular and quite impressive. I think I become possessed when I knit -- and I like it. If you don't knit, I recommend starting. The possession is a trance that makes the world seem less serious and stressful. Again, I like it.

This weekend there will be a garden report in addition to a knitting report on this here blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.