Sunday, April 8, 2007

First Sock




Thought that I would share with you a Warhol-esque rendition of my first sock. I have remade the toe at least 15 times, so now I have the short-row thing down. The heel was much easier to do after my persistence with the toe. Nevermind that the yarn was starting to get fuzzy from all the knit, wrap, frog I had been doing.

This pair will be for my DP, she was so excited when I asked her "can I borrow your foot" so I could see if the toe/heel distance was effective. Seriously, I got more than a "that's nice" or "that's good, honey" -- I got "you are making that for me?!" It's all good, people. It's all good.

Started reading some of the other knitting blogs, and saw pictures from the Yarn Harlot's Suburban Chicago visit on a few sites, Franklin's, Knit Witty, Two Sock Knitters. My little three person knitting group (we just started, to be fair, I know we will grow) in the second row made a few of the sites. What a blast that was!

1 comment:

  1. A knitting group? You must know some pretty cool people! Oh yeah, that's me sitting next to you... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.