Saturday, April 28, 2007

Spring is Here (She says, hopefully)



I promise not to mention this haircut of Gracie's again...but one last time a couple of seasonal photos...

Today I went to a new Yarn shop (new to me, not to Chicago) called Knitter's Studio. It is on Lincoln just north of Webster. What a homely little shop with so many fabulous yarns to covet.

I was a little late meeting my mom, so when I walked in I didn't see her initially. She was in the back of the store at a table piled high with amazing wools, alpacas, cottons, and more. I spent about 15 minutes petting the yarns. I ended up back at the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk more than once. Dang that stuff is SOFT!!

Then we got in the car and drove north to Meinke's - a great nursery in Niles (west of I-94 on Touhy). I got Elijah Blue Fescue Grass, a purple Clematis to add to the white one I already have, cucumber seedlings, and basil. I also got Scotch Moss though I am not impressed with the name since Scotch is an alcoholic beverage and Scottish describes something from Scotland. I was actually looking for Irish Moss, but Scottish Moss makes more sense for the spot I want to put the stuff. It is light green and soft like alpaca yarn. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.