Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Creative Blogger? Me? Shucks...

How cool!  Thanks to the Princess, who gave me this award with a very sweet description of this humble little blog.  Thanks, girl!  So so nice.  The Princess' mama is a regular reader (and I try to read hers as regularly as I can)...Gaylen.


"She also has a blog that talks not only about knitting, but about her precious pup. Her and I originally met through a blog swap (which one in particular I can't remember). But she is great!"




Here are the official rules: 
1. Copy the award to your site 
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award 
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers
4. Link to those on your blog 
5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominated.


So, hmm.  I tend to nominate the same people every time I do this...so I'm going to branch out a bit.

But first, I must nominate my friend in real life and on the magical interweb, Chicago Sarah.  One day, I was turning left at a light (I really hate turning left) and I realized that I was not feeling at all anxious.   I am so comfortable with Sarah, feels like we are family - only better because we have chosen each other as friends.  Plus, she does cables and sews and we have really learned to get good at this knitting thing together.  We are our knitting group :)

Brit Knitter is like a sister I've never met.  We think about a lot of things in similar ways, and I love her sense of humor.  I also really appreciate her support at a distance, it is so nice.  Happy happy joy joy.

Yarn Demon makes some dang cute stitch markers.  I love my little sheepy ones, though one fell and broke (the black sheep, of course).  I actually have one of the little guys on my desk at work next to my little mini Caribou Coffee mug.  So cute.  She sells them in her etsy shop.  Her kitty is not a fan of the camera which totally cracks me up because my cats are hams for the camera (not really, but whatever).

Robin from the Knittin' Coop is great.  She is a fellow yogi, her cat Ace is a serious character and her little doggie Rudy is the cutest.  

CactusNeedles is from Arizona, a place that I love (even more during the winter, I'm not gonna lie).  Her dog Ella and our Miss Gracie (not to be confused with Our Miss Brooks, ha ha) are virtual dog park buds.  And, this lady can knit hats and cables and all kinds of things.  I am very wowed.

Gnat from Barknknit.  Seriously, this girl has energy.  She runs an Etsy Shop, has a pod cast, just got married (Cubs theme, people, Cubs!), and has a discussion group on Ravelry.  If you don't know her...well, a word to the wise is sufficient.

And, Donna - KnittingGal - the photos on  her blog are aways intriguing and she is lovely.

One more!  Roe from More Coffee Please is my Facebook friend now too.  It's so fun.  She is a Sci Fi Fan (like Lehu) and a great gal who blogs about knitting and her boys and coffee and all sorts of things. 

Cheers to all!

7 comments:

  1. Cool! Thank you for the nomination!!

    Awww, you should have told me that your black sheep broke, I'll send you another one!! Can't have a set without the little black one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch! I've never thought of myself as "creative", but maybe it fits if it's spelled with a "k"!

    Seriously, I love your blog, and your babes. Don't tell the kitties, but Gracie in particular has stolen my heart. That'll just be our secret, OK?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for shouting out some great blogs to introduce the rest of us to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw... shucks. :) You rock. Thank you, and right back atcha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thanks! It's an honor! Ella was so excited (as were the kids and hubby!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.