Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thank you for being such great readers!!

I am so honored to have 9 plus loyal followers, and the incredible support you are to me in my quest to design knitting patterns. I'm so excited about it.

As a gift, I wanted to share with you this link, which very possibly you knitters already know about and I am late to the party (but I'm alright with that). It has sizing standards for all garments and all sizes. So incredible, and so helpful (but not very interesting to you non-knitting readers, I would imagine).



What a fun day Chicago Sarah and I had today...we attended the DIY Trunk Show. It was fun to see the irreverent hand made cards and cool tote bags, etc. Mostly as a means of giving us inspiration for what we can make for holiday gifts and just for the heck of it.

Afterwards, on our way to knit at Panera at Logan and Elston, we saw a car with two infants in carseats and two toddlers. None of whom were seat belted into the car. Being the good samaritans we are, and that we were outraged that people would risk the lives of their children...we called 911 and gave a description of the car.

This not-so cynical gal started developing a headache and her metabolism started shutting down, so I'm home now with my cats and a quilt ready for a nice Saturday afternoon nap.

Corrected to reflect the name of the craft show we attended. I had no idea. All I knew was that I was not hip enough to be anywhere near cool amongst the hipsters in attendance. Thank goodness for my friend Sarah who also embraces her non-hipster self.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah. I'm still pretty ticked off at those mothers driving their kids around like that. And pretty psyched to make a "book" bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, I actually haven't seen that one before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of both of you! I get so mad at parents that neglect the safety of their kids!

    Hope that the headache left adn that the nap with the cats was the cure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps I think we went to the DIY trunk show :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link - how did I miss that one? Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.