Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tomato is Blocking

OMG! I cannot believe this sweater. As you can see I shaped it to fit me and my "hippi-ness" is evident when you see the shape of the garment laying flat. I did "darts" but more as shaping along the sides as vertical rather than horizontal by increasing and decreasing to make it work. It was great fun to try it on every once in a while to check the fit.

And in the preview shot (below), I confirmed my desire to add an inch or so of trim since "the girls" might have had a little more show than they ever have in my wardrobe.

I used Blue Sky Alpacas dyed cotton in tomato, the trim is Crystal Palace Maizey in hot saucy colors (can't find the blasted label at the momen). I still have enough to make a pair of socks from the Maizey, which I will.

I've abandoned the Baby Dress idea. I started casting on (150 stitches, ugh) and realized that alpaca and silk would be SO much nicer as a clapotis for a friend (or me). So, I wound up the Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk (in a sage green) with a single strand of Knit Picks Alpaca laceweight (in a heathered olive) and I'm half-way through the project. Oh, it is lovely to work with alpaca and silk. I will hold off on photos until it is blocked.


  1. I love the addition of the trim. It makes it truly your own.

  2. I love it! The trim looks so pretty; you did a great job. Maybe I'll attempt this when I'm feeling brave.

  3. "the girls" now that's funny!! I've heard them called "the twins" before but never the girls!

    Lovely sweater!

  4. The Tomato sweater is awesome!!! What a great idea with the trim & the variegated color looks great.

    Great job!!! :)


Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.