Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Post a Day in May



So, I've been absent from blogland during April...yeah, I've posted, but I'd really like to get back to it and work harder to find my bloggy voice. Thanks Leah for posting about A Post A Day in May. Jenny B Harris is an illustrator of children's books and does really gorgeous stuff! The button on this post and on the side bar will link you to the Post a Day in May blog.

I love those illustrations! So cute and whimsical, don't you think?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the niece front, I texted Fred earlier in the week (with my fancy new phone):

ckg: how is tapshoes?
fred: not a good sleeper.

It is such an adjustment for a baby to be living outside mama. I cannot imagine, though I did do it at one point (almost 39 years ago). My verbal memory just doesn't go that far back.

Yesterday I went to the allergist for my shot (I'm allergic to pollen, and other things), and the receptionist...let's call her Super-Nice-Crochet-Lady (SNCL)...had made an ensemble for Tapshoes!! I was in awe. She doesn't know Fred and Ginger and they live in California! Can you believe how kind SNCL is?! I guess I should tell you that we have been going to this same allergist for close to three years now. He's great, because when we get sick it's often from allergies and he takes care of us.



I always chat with SNCL about crochet and knitting. She was going to join our knitting group a while back but it never worked out schedule-wise. She and Dr. No-Sniffles have been working together for a LONG time. They are like an old married couple in a very sweet way.

When I showed them the photo of Tapshoes on my phone, they were in awe of the baby. But I think they were even more amazed that my phone had a photo on it. It is amazing to me as well that the photo I have was sent to me within 30 minutes of her birth. Modern technology keeps us connected in ways that we couldn't be before. (I will write more about this soon, I've been doing a lot of thinking on this subject.)

5 comments:

  1. I hope little Tapshoes develops a schedule soon so Fred and Ginger can get some rest. What a nice person SNCL is - how thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what I would say every day for a month! Sometimes I find it hard to post something interesting once or twice a week! LOL

    What a sweet thing for SNCL to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please if I ever have a kid mention it to her! ;) So pretty. And yeah- I went through that transition to "extrauterine life" before I had verbal memory too. But I think I didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SNCL is amazing! Tapshoes will look divine in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's soo cool. I love when people make baby things for babies they might never meet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.