Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dogs on Thursday

The Furry Cast:
Idgie: black and white, 9 years old
Ruthie: tabby long hair, 8 years old
Georgie: the boy cat..., 6 years old
Gracie: Golden Retriever, 6 years old


Once upon a time, CKG and Lehu had two cats. They were cats that CKG had long before meeting Lehu. They were Poki and Tux, both have gone to the Rainbow Bridge and are merely fond memories. After Pokie went to the Bridge, Tux needed a pal. He was lonely. So Lehu and I went to Tree House Animal Foundation and found the spunky and plucky Idgie. Tux and Idgie were best buds, and it was hard to imagine one without the other.

In 2000, when we moved into our house, we found Ruthie with a couple of other kittens. She's kind of a Diva and is also something of a loner. I don't know that she cares much, but she loves her CKG!!

Idgie and Ruth, contrary to their namesakes (characters in our favorite Book/Movie : Fried Green Tomatoes) do not like one another much.

Georgie joined us a month after Tux went to the Bridge. He is from Harmony House and gets along with everyone. If you go to the link, then click on Adoptions, there's a photo of Georgie and Gracie on Georgie's first day home with us (scroll down, it's at the bottom of the Adoptions page).

Super cat detective, Lehu, armed with a Canon Powershot Elph camera and socks to quiet her footsteps captured the photographic evidence...Ruthie and Idgie actually within a foot (literally touching each other omg) of one another is generally unheard of.

...we don't know what goes on when we aren't around. Idgie kinda looks pissed doesn't she?

6 comments:

  1. Awe!! Oh so cute. I wish that I could have a cat. Special K grew up with cats but I along with my family are allergic to them. I try but it's just uncomfortable...they are so cute though.

    Gracie looks so cute in that picture.

    Hope you all are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.... look at the sweeties cuddled up together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heeheehee! Idgie looks royally pissed to be photographed that close to Ruthie! Busted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't get over the fact that Gracie will sleep with a cat. Our boys want to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pet photos! All the furry cast members earn special treats! And I think that dianne is right, BUSTED!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.