Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day To You & a Field Trip

I'll admit, all of the festivities of St. Patrick's Day do not do much for me. The significance of this day is really that it is Birdie's Mama's birthday. Happy Birthday Birdie's Mama!!!

Yesterday, my mom and I went to get our tickets for the Yarn Harlot, which is on April 25th. Brilliant marketing for the shop, free tickets but you need to pick them up at the shop in advance. I hope they get a lot of business. The shop is called Nana's Knitting Shop and it is in Oak Lawn, IL. The owner's daughter was there and she was so friendly and helpful!

They have more Cascade 220 than I've ever seen in one place, along with other lovely items including Malabrigo. My goal in our field trip yesterday was to get some Malabrigo Lace, which I did. I'm going to make something divine with this gorgeous stuff. Plus it is orange, which is the color my dad always told us to wear on St. Patrick's Day...since we are of Scottish/Irish and Protestant descent. Maybe I'll put a hank of Malabrigo in my pocket today. As a Chicagoan, I feel compelled to wear green today. I'm sure my dad would understand.

I am now 2/3 finished with hint 4 on my Secret of the Stole ii. I wish I could just work on that today instead of putting on my green shirt (and khaki pants) to go to work.

3 comments:

  1. i was always told that wearing the green on st. patrick's day annoyed the wee folk, so i don't do it. orange for the ulstermen - just what you'd do to find yourself a good "barny"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you...and envious! You get to see THE Yarn Harlot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That orange really is gorgeous. And I love Cascade 220--I really want to make a Ripple afghan with that in a zillion colors!

    We went to hear the Pogues this weekend in honor of St. Patty's Day. I think I've even got a smidge of Irish somewhere in my Heinz 57! But whether Protestant or Catholic, I'm not certain...guess I could go with orange and green!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.