Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dogs on Thursday


Gracie's pal Ella is the spotlight dog today at Dogs on Thursday ... it is a very exciting day. Gracie and Ella have never met, but they 'woof' in the comments from time to time.

The photo above is from 2004, when Gracie was a younger girl of two. The end of this month she will be 6. We have another vet re-check appointment tomorrow, she's still not well, which is really hard. She's a darling sweet baby though, and so agreeable with all the stuff she is going through. She's not overly enthusiastic about the snow, poor baby. She is taking it all in stride for the most part. I do not think I'd be such a good patient! Two shots a day of steroid, five medications, blech.

This morning I was sitting on the couch with her, she is staying very close to us lately. It is unusual for her to be in another room from us.

At work yesterday, my boss said to me, "Are you okay? Are you taking care of yourself? You look awful, you have been through a lot." I am honestly really run down, and I am still carrying this cold with me. I am better, but being run down doesn't do much for getting healthy. Glad I'm going to be off next week (after Monday).

Have a great day.

P.S. I'm 1/4 into hint #2 on Secret of the Stole. I put my first lifeline in and I'm totally excited about it. I get the appeal of lace now.

5 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    checking in on you and Gracie--

    and I just wanted to comment on your post about your papa bear--wow, did that bring tears to my eyes. You left a sweet comment at my blog on my dad's deathday anniversary...but, gosh, the circumstances are so similar...my heart goes out to you (to both of us, really!) because I very much understand.

    Anyway, I'll not maunder on. Just sending a hello your way--and here's a toast to getting some rest and kicking away the colds and stresses of life!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a very kind boss. Give Gracie-girl hugs and kisses from me (and Emma and Tara, of course). I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice picture of Gracie. She really is a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that Gracie still isn't feeling 100%. I hope they find the real reason soon. We had a scare with Lucy this week.

    Hope you are taking care of yourself. My mantra when I was losing weight - "You can't give from empty." So don't forget to be good to you, rest and refuel. g

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ella says thanks for the kind words, and wishes she could meet Gracie nose to nose. She's also sending doggie love to Gracie. Take care and I hope you both feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.