Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tuesday Gracie Update

We just got home from visiting Miss Gracie at the hospital. She is very weak, and was recovering from procedures and tests from today. They drained some of the fluid from her abdomen yesterday, poor thing.

Today, they did an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. The doctor told us "we got a lot of good biopsies." I hope that this means they will find out what's wrong and fix it. They also said that poor Gracie's intestines are very diseased. They just don't know with what.

Lehu and I took turns sitting on the floor with her. She fell asleep with her head in Lehu's lap and we took turns sobbing over her.

A dear friend of mine said that we should not worry about the money, we can always make more. I thought that was wise. I'm trying not to worry about it. I just feel so damn sad. And I'm not as hopeful as Lehu seems about it, I guess we are playing volleyball with that idea too.

Thanks so much for all of your support and comments.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Poor Gracie! Jasmine, Holley and the two frogs (that DS has not named yet) send all sorts of get well meows and ribbits and fuzzy snuggles.

    And they're also sending snuggles for Gracie's parents too! We all hope she's better soon...and back home where she belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our hearts go out to both of you. I will add this from our experience with Mitzi. Remember her quality of life. You don't want her to suffer, so consider that when you get the results. She trusts you both completely and you must do what is best for all of you. More positive healing thoughts headed your direction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gracie!! I hope that she gets better soon. I feel for you.

    Gracie and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...you can always make more." What a very wise friend. I'll have to remember that. I'm still sending healing vibes your way. Hugs for you all, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking good doggy thoughts towards your dear Miss Gracie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.