Monday, December 3, 2007

Not So Much a Christmas Episode...

One of the great things about Lehu is that she comes up with these witty quips now and again that start waves of giggles that grow into tidal waves of belly laughs. Tonight it was about the Christmas Episode of The Closer, which we love. Isn't Kyra Sedgewick talented!? BTW the fake accent just kills me.

Well, when I got home from work, around 8:15 pm, I said, what's on TV tonight? Lehu said that we had an episode of House, and a special two-hour Closer. "It's not so much a Christmas episode as it is that they have a murder and the squad room is decorated for Christmas." I really do hope you all think it is funny too. And, if you don't that you will not say awful things about me.

I've been knitting...the photo does not do this yarn justice. It was nighttime and I got about 1/2 done with the ruffle edged scarf which is a variation on Piece of Flare by Red Corset Designs.

I am also making another hat (improvising it) top down. I think it will be called the Peace Tweed hat...but we shall see.

The parcels for my pals have been mailed, as have those of my nieces and my Goddaughter. Georgie really wanted to be mailed someplace too, I guess maybe somewhere warm?

I also have pics of the gifts Lehu and I got for the girls. I think the gifts look like so much fun that wrapping and shipping them was nearly painful. I think we need more toys. For the older one (she'll be 5 in April), we got the Barbie Vet Kit with a kitty that actually makes sounds like purring, meowling (that horrid sound that cats make when they are po'd, little mews). I want to add that Franklin of The Panopticon has trademarked his niece's name though my niece with a similar name is also exceptional. Perhaps they can start a club for exceptional nieces called Abigail? But I digress, for the younger one, (she too is exceptional) she will be 3 in January, the Pirate Ship which is, very cool. We will be going out to visit them for the first time in a very very long time in February or March (Northern California). I'm really looking forward to it.

Well, it is late and I must sleep in order to knit another day.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Closer. We missed it because of Wifey's tooth. She cracked one and we had to get two of her back teeth prepped for crowns last night. We were at the dentist from 4:00 PM to 6:44 PM. YUK!

    I bet all kitties want to be in a warm place. Eraser and Sassy would loive for them to visit.

    Looking forward to more of your patterns and FO's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbie Vet...that cracks me up. I know you loved the pirate ship, though- I'm so proud of you for being brave and giving it away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.