Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Knitting News from the Cynical Gal

Gauge. Stretchy bind off. Trying new things. I'm a Knitter, not a knitter, thank you very very much. But, I'll tell you right now, that I did make a real effort to do the cable top socks in Cat Bordhi's Socks Soar on Two Circulars. I did, but I didn't feel that this was the time or situation for that level of trial and error so, I tried a tubular (double knitting) top. That didn't work because, well, grafting might require my practicing on a heavier weight yarn on a project that doesn't matter much to me, like two swatches of yucky yarn that I don't care if I screw it up. But I don't want to develop graftophobia (a term from Cat's book). It just wasn't meant to be this time.

I ended up with a K1P1 rib with an increase every other stitch on the last row before casting off. It actually looks okay, kinda pretty. And isn't Gracie a lovely model/backdrop for the sock pic? Say yes, agree with me, you'll be glad you did. (I don't know why.)

Will it be odd if I try a different kind of toe on the second sock? Hmm. Maybe I'll save that adventure for the next pair. The next pair will be from tofutsies in pink and white, I think, for me, with a lacey pattern. There. I said it. For me. Back to that.

I also need to get back to the Sonnet, I just can't wait to find funkadelic, or maybe rustic and woodsy (depending on my mood) buttons for it.

Oh, and news about the Blueberry...I accidentally felted it a little. Oops. So, it is now the Blueberry Angel. It was with me for a while to teach me so many things about knitting and about life. It was my first project just for me. I gave it to Chicago Sarah who accepted it so gracefully. It is a little short for her (she's a tall gal), and we are feeling adventuresome so we will be making it into a cardigan. I'm looking forward to the project, and it looks really cute on her as it is.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone has a project that gets passed on to a different size person. I'm glad that you will be able to be brave enough to make it into a cardigan. I bet CS will look great in it too.

    The socks still rock (IMHO)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.