Saturday, August 18, 2007

I didn't want to say anything...

I wanted the baby sweater making project to go without a hitch. And it was going without a hitch. That is until it came time to attach the pieces together. No, the three needle bind-off didn't phase me in the least (it was actually fun). And, I can handle whip-stitch. Or so I thought.

The thing with whip-stitch is that your knit stitches need to match up in order to work. I have the funniest feeling that Gauge has something to do with this. But the jury's still out on that one.

I'll admit that I skipped the "block the pieces to the finished measurements" step. This could be part of of the problem. I also think that the sleeves might need to be a bit longer.

But, I am okay. I am comfortable frogging (for non-knitters, this means to rip-it rip-it). Really, I am.

1 comment:

  1. Funny how Guage and Blocking lead to most of our challenges....I know that you will overcome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.