Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sultry Summer Saturday - a Home and Garden Report




Home:

This morning, woke up at 7:45 so I'd be ready for the guy from US Waterproofing to take a look a the basement. Aside from the unavoidable problems caused by too much rain in too little time and the sewer system not holding it all ... we do have a crack or two that cause some extra moisture. We discussed the fact that a sump pump would do nothing to solve that problem.

Fixing the crack the estimate was reasonable. We are going to get a few more.

It looks like rain today. Ugh.

The new sewing table came today! The photos are stock photos. Real photos to follow. Perhaps of me putting the dang thing together. For a laugh.

Garden:

Dill, tomatoes, basil, zucchini, cucumbers (two kinds). It's all good. The lawn needs mowing though -- any takers?

Knitting:

Oh, I have been knitting too. I actually brought my knitting with me to the Chicago Sky game last night. I have learned that I can now knit without looking at the knitting. It was a lot of fun to watch the skill with which those women handled the basketball. There were some fakes (in hockey they are called dekes so I have no idea of the correct basketball lingo) where the ball carrier faked out the offensive player that were ever so cool to watch. It makes me want to learn how to play basketball. Perhaps another sport for this previously unsporty dyke? It is hard to know. I think I will start with soccer and go from there.

I have finished ripping out (10 or more rows) and re-knitting and now I think the risque scoop of the first go-round is remedied. Photos perhaps to follow. Anyone see any bargains on Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cottons...let me know. I yearn to knit with it.

3 comments:

  1. Wifey and I watched the Sky game on tv as the last part of our date. Wifey loves to watch Stacey Dales play......another story....

    I'm with you on taking the knitting everywhere. It drives people crazy. Since I knit socks on circulars, it is easier to take them to the games....

    Can't wait to see pictures of the sewing table. I am in the process of organizing the sewing cabinet that I have as well. I'll post pictures after Munchkin returns to school...

    I'll cut your yard if you'll weed my flower beds.....

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang - that sewing table is awesome! I'll have to think about investing in one of those. Looking forward to seeing the assembly pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.