Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Socks to Mittens

So, I don't really want to wear my hand-knit socks...and I love love love mittens (especially when it is -2 F). So, I went searching for some interesting inspiration in the way of mitten design and found this fantastic explanation of how to convert a "fancy sox" pattern to a mitten pattern.

http://azazello.org/nataliaknits/?p=49

Found it from Ravelry. Have I mentioned that Ravelry was an amazing brain child and I LOVE it!

Here's a pic of the tip of the mit. I'm using Spindle Cat's Tabbioca. It looks a little like Steelers colors, but since my sister (the one with the Steelers tattoo, aka Teddy) lives in California and has little use for woolens, I am using it for me. It also looks a lot like Georgie's fur, which is convenient since I seem to knit a little cat fur into things even when I don't try. It is frustrating but I'm working to be okay with it.

Plus, it's been snowing and you need to see ... Miss Gracie is doing well and loves to dilly dally in the snowy yard.

4 comments:

  1. Ravelry is one of my favorite haunts on earth!

    And Gracie is looking very fetching in her winter coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Ravelry too! Hope you have a great Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that they look like Steeler colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.