Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Meme

My bloggy friend, Robin, posted her answers ... and inspired me to give this one a whirl.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

I love pretty wrapping paper. But my mom has been making gift bags from pretty fabric, or crocheting them as of late.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I love real trees, especially balsam fir. My dad always had a balsam and a douglas (one for the casual tree and one for the formal one). We are only thinking about having a tree this year...haven't had one for a few years.

3. When do you put up the tree? See second part of #2

4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day, prob.

5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely not. Eech.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I really don't remember.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Lehu.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Nieces and nephews.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope, growing up Jewish makes this not part of my way.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, for sure.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My sister-in-law is the Queen of the Regift. Each year comes some very odd gift that was obviously given to her...and not really all that appropriate for Lehu or for me.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Kinda like the ones with Tim Allen.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I make a lot of gifts, and shop online...but in past I've been much much better about getting things done sooner (like in November)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? sugar cookies with decorations
16. Lights on the tree? yes. pretty!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Depends on my mood, really. I like some of the irreverent ones a lot, but there are so many pretty ones too.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? No, not since my dad died.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I think so...
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Lehu's family gets together on Christmas Eve. We give gifts which are opened that night to the kids and to Lehu's mother. We don't usually get much from Lehu's family for some reason. My family (my mom, really) does Hanukkah with us, so that's when we open gifts, on Hanukkah.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How "commercial" the holiday has gotten, I like homemade gifts, spending quality time with friends & family with out all the $$$$$$$ Me too, Robin, me too!!
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Our tree is always decorated with blue & white lights, every ornament is special because I've collected one and dated it for each year along with all the ones the kids made in school.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I think I'd actually like some snazzy boots.
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? Not sure.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner? Dad used to have prime rib, yum!

2 comments:

  1. Very fun!

    I have to add my favorite seasonal song is "The Chanukah Song" by Adam Sandler.

    Also, crocheted gift bags is a great idea! I think I just might do that for smaller gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.