Sunday, November 30, 2008

autumn

Autumn has slid into winter it is cold, rainy and trying to snow here in the Windy City. I have finished the Argyle on Acid hat, why the name you might be wondering...well, I will tell you.

I made countless attempts at regular argyle colorwork and for whatever reason it looked really awful every time. I got so frustrated that I decided not to do colorwork. Instead, I decided that I would do two rows of diamonds in reverse stockinette on a background of stockinette stitch. Then when I was finished with the hat, I sewed around the diamonds in a way that looks like a DNA chain or ... Argyle on Acid. I will make another attempt at argyle. I will not be beaten by the likes of knitting. I am fearless. Pray for me.

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.