Saturday, May 24, 2008

39 is Just Fine

Lehu got me a Dremel tool, so I can work on my dollhouses in style! With three nieces and a God-daughter, I have a lot of work to do.

This thing is amazing...it has its own tool box that holds everything including space for attachments (sold separately, of course). I am so excited!

Thanks, Lehu! This was the first of many very wonderful and fitting gifts for my birthday this year. I have not taken pics of all of them yet, so forgive the lack of visual stimuli.


This bloomed on my birthday. Isn't she spectacular?! I am so pleased. To me it looks like a ballerina - flowers are just magic. No two ways about that!

Note the Lilac behind, it looks like it's about ready to pop. Mmmm, lilacs.


Sarah made me a set of different knitting project bags (photos will have to come Monday), and a lace scarf which we are both wearing in the picture on the right. I have entitled this shot, "We're Closely Knit." Good friends are hard to come by so I'm holdin' on to this one. I especially appreciate Sarah's winks when she knows I'm annoyed with something. But what's more is that Chicago Sarah and her sweetie were VERY generous at dinner. All I know is that my step-father said, "wait, who gave me all of this?!" When they handed over a stack of bills. You guys are amazing. Thank you so much!! I'm so happy we got to celebrate our birthdays together. Let's do it again next year, and the year after...and the year after...

Everyone needs a Happy Birthday Flan duo. These were really good. We went to Frontera Grill and as we were awaiting our meals, Rick Bayliss came out and talked to a couple at an adjacent table. One of the pics of me (not shown) has Rick's white chef's jacket it it. Since we didn't really get him on film, it feels a lot like the fish that got away, but that's alright. We know we saw him.

I almost got away with no Happy Birthday singing, but when I started to ask if there were any "Singing Shenanagins" planned, my step-father and mom broke into song." I guess I deserved that ;)

This pic is especially for the Saucy Knitters, a Ravelry Hot Sauce and Yarn swap I hosted recently. Another swap will soon follow. Maybe this time I'll actually get in on the fun, instead of just coordinating...

The white behind me (I'm on the left) is Rick Bayliss, really!! Ask Sarah, she was there too. My friend, Gilbert (not his real name) took this shot.

And, since I mentioned Gilbert, here's a pic of him...his beau was out celebrating other May birthdays last night so we didn't get to see him. Soon, though, I think another night out is in order. This was FUN!

I am off to Kalamazoo to see Birdie and her Mama. I can't wait to see them, and I'm LATE in my plans to leave...I was going to leave the house at 10 am, but since it's already 9:45 and I'm not packed that ship has clearly sailed.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. It was Rick Bayless. My sweetie nudged me and I nudged CKG. :) Let's do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fab party! Sharing birthdays is always fun. Thanks for the updates. I love to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday (a little late)!!! Looks like you had a great time! Chicago is definitely one city I want to visit - and when am I getting you to NYC?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Please be sure to register an email address when you leave your comment so I can respond to your comment (which I love to do).

Happy knitting.